Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 1 / Quick Background

Short version of my story:  2008 weighed 355-lbs.  Started WeightWatchers online and lost 70-lbs.  Then stopped the online, gained back 27-lbs to get back to 317.  Beginning of 2011, I went back to WW Online and lost 27-lbs.  Work became extremely stressful, fell off the bandwagon and was in a mental tailspin.  Eating also went to crap too.  I'm back up to 315 and having trouble sticking with anything.

I feel I need a change of pace from WeightWatchers (which does work, but not for me after 6-months).  A friend recommended a book called "The Four Hour Body"  by Tim Feriss.  The diet will be an extreme change for me and I need it to lead me to a true lifestyle change.  I look at it as the diet will get me there, I'll learn what I need to make it long term as I progress.

I have yet to convert to the diet full on yet, mostly due to poor planning / execution and will power.  I have been able to switch breakfast over.  I actually think this is the easiest part.  Lunch, dinner and 'other' is where I lose it.  Since breakfast was the easiest to switch over, I consider that complete.  I'm not going to shift the focus to lunch.  If I can rock lunch, then its off to dinner.  Snacks should be easy if I can stick to sugar-free jello.

08/31/2011 Meals:
Breakfast: Cottage Cheese
Lunch: Romaine Lettuce w/ Broccoli, 1/2-lb Oven Roasted Turkey Breast (Deli)
Dinner:  Going to Mexican.  Not sure if I'll try a full-on SCD for this one yet.  We'll see




No comments:

Post a Comment